Watch us Grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

In Case You're Wondering What We're Up To...

Since it's been forever since I've graced the pages of my blog or facebook page.. here's what's happening with the Paulsons...
(I'll go oldest to youngest just for fun)

Steve:
  • Is seriously a stud.
  • For the last month or so has been going to a night class Monday-Thursday and hasn't gotten home until 9:30 each night.
  • In his 'free time' has been remodeling our house, including creating a pantry, rewiring and redoing the plumbing in our basement, creating an entire new room and closet which will be the play room for the day care, building a fence, putting sod in our back yard, creating a grape arbor in the back, planting the grapes that will go with the arbor, building an awning in the back so we can have a little shade, etc. More will happen this weekend, including planting honeysuckle, raspberries, and blackberry bushes.
  • Has LOVED having a grill and takes over dinner most weekend nights, which I have loved.
  • Gave me a rose bush for Mother's Day. So sweet. :)
  • Gave me another Mother's Day surprise, which landed him in the emergency room - he had severe abdominal pain that came on fast and turned out to be a kidney stone. Not a fun few days for him.
Julie:
  • I've finally found that "click" that involves having a consistently clean, together home. Amazing the correlation between lack of time spent on the internet and cleanliness of my house.
  • Have gotten a little too involved in my calling. I'm an Activity Day Girl leader (8-11 year old girls) and have been SO busy with it. We just did a big mother/daughter dinner/program for mother's day and I seriously thought I was going to lose my mind before it was over. We had another activity last night that I ran - I think I'm done planning activities until summer's over.
  • Although, my class has sharing time this Sunday, so I'm not totally off the hook.
  • I've been trying to help Steve as much as possible with the house stuff. I even dug a post hole - I have a lot of respect for how hard he works for us.
  • I've been painting the playroom during Kathrynn's naps.
  • Have been taking names in my quest to get back down to my pre-Joe weight. I've lost 16 lbs since I started trying (like MONTHS ago..) and am lighter than I was pre-Kathrynn. Only about 10 more lbs to go. :)
  • Have been loving having the piano - I've been able to sneak a little time in here and there to play and it is just wonderful to have around.
Drew:
  • Is very excited to summer vacation and spending a couple of months at our house.
  • Has mastered the pogo stick.
  • Makes Steve consistently nervous as she grows cuter and cuter and more and more comfortable with boys. :)
Gandalf:
  • Is loving the warmer weather and spends all night outside hanging out with the "Yowler."
  • Which leads to him sleeping all day long.
  • Scratched the heck out me the other day when I was teasing him. I had it coming.
Joe:
  • Has been betrothed to the cutest little girl in the world. :)
  • Is enjoying the idea of irony. Just as I was putting him to bed tonight he told me it would be hilarious to go to sleep with his sunglasses on and did and laughed and laughed and laughed.
  • Is SUCH a great helper.
  • Informed me the other day that I don't get stinky. I appreciated that. :)
  • Has been showing some serious talent with music and art. We hope to hook him up with some piano lessons some time in the near future.
Kathrynn:
  • Is an obsessive hugger. It's seriously sweet most of the times, but gets to be a little too much at bedtime when she needs like 20 hugs in order to be satisfied or in the middle of the night when she's crying because she wants a hug.
  • Is seriously ready to potty train. I'm just not so ready. Scared out of my mind, really. But, she talks about it, is enamored with her new "big girl pants" and even sets up a diaper and wipes in the usual changing spot when she's ready for a new diaper. I need to just bite the bullet and get her going. Maybe next week.
  • Is a button pusher. A big one. If there's something that irritates a particular person, namely Joseph, she will do it. Over and over again. And laugh hysterically. We need to find something to channel that energy into.
  • Loves to play "Ring around the rosies."
  • Oh, did I mention that both kids got croupe the day after our little emergency room trip. Fun times.
Picture time.
Kathrynn's favorites napping position...


Steve's home.. More pictures later. :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

I'm glad to see that you are all doing well! Or at least better -- sorry about the stones, Steve! I hope you are doing better now. You must be if you're getting that "honey do" list done!

You've been missed!
:) Kara

Mom said...

Sounds like you've been busy as usual, but happy too, and that's what counts. Got a question. When do you think I could make a trip up there to see you? Send me an email and let me know. Ok?
Love you,
Mom