Watch us Grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Don't Lick Shopping Carts

...especially WalMart ones.

Ugh. Joe. Joe is going through a whole "nonsense is hilarious" stage where he does and says things that make no sense because he thinks it's oh-so-funny. Well, on Tuesday he decided that it would be just hilarious to lick the shopping cart at both WalMart and Costco. First of all, WalMart is the grossest store in the world in my view and secondly, Costco definitely has it's share of little kids gracing its carts. I warned him that he would get sick, that he would throw up, but did he listen? Nope.

Is he listening now? Oh yeah. He's gone all atomic on me again and is throwing up every couple of hours. That'll teach him.

I know, I'm not sounding very sympathy. He's getting more sympathy than he really needs when he does get sick and is getting a big cartoon day on the couch with his trusty bowl, I just wish he wouldn't have gotten sick out of sheer lack of intelligence on his part. He SOOO knows better.

6 comments:

Rebex said...

Am I mean if I laughed through this post? Oh, to be able to read the minds of little children! Ha ha!

Poor little guy. :(

Kathy said...

I wonder about my kids intelligence lots of times. Sorry that you have a sick boy.

Kara said...

I love you Julie! And I promise not to lick any shopping carts, at least not at Walmart or Costco... :)

I hope he gets better soon!!

Sally said...

He got sick from licking a cart?? I mean, I agree that's disgusting (esp Walmart), but he's throwing up?? Oi.

Anna said...

I am a friend of EMily H. and saw the update on your post and HAD to read it. I have a 4 year old daughter that recently did the same thing. Oh, they SOOO know better:) Sorry for you (and him) that he's puking:)

The Ringleins said...

I think of this post every time I put my child in a shopping cart. And I usually laugh, but only because I know it's so close to my life too. Since I've read this post, I have seen my daughter lick short cement columns at a park as well as the buckle in a wal-mart shopping car - Why?