Watch us Grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update

I've been unable to update for the last while because the whole sleep deprivation thing is still going strong. I took Kate to the doctor for her well child appointment on Monday and learned that all of this is totally terrible two related. Kathrynn DOES have eczema, I learned, but it's not bad enough for the whole not sleeping at night thing. I'm sure the first night when her rash was full blown it was, but I think she enjoyed the comfort me of holding her all night so much that she wants me to do that every night all night regardless of whether or not she needs it. So, after a little chat with Kate's doctor, Steve and I decided that it would be best if he slept in the spare bed downstairs for the week while I retrain Kathrynn in the fine art of sleeping her own bed all night long. Some nights have been pretty good - 15 minutes of crying and done. Others, like last night, not so much. I'm really hoping we get back to normal. I miss sleeping. I miss falling asleep next to Steve. I miss being able to get up early and go to the gym. I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks. That stinks. I can't tell you how much that stinks. I haven't gained 20 lbs or anything, I just miss the focus and energy that I normally have.

We've also been busy renovating the house to be day care ready. I'm really excited about the plans that we have - everything's going to be wonderful and really nice. I'm SO grateful to have a husband who knows how to do this kind of stuff. We're building a cupboard, making a play room from the random nothing-room in the basement, putting up a fence in the back yard, putting in grass, etc. Lots of work, lots of fun. :)

We're also having some beautiful spring weather. Too bad it's going to snow this weekend..

OK. I'm tired. New pictures below. Enjoy. :)

No comments: