Watch us Grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Four Hours of My Day

This is what I did..




Steve was helping our niece design/start to build a super cool bed she's designed, Joseph was hanging out with his beloved Aunt Liisa, and Kathrynn was asleep for 3 of the 4 hours (spent the last hour in her stroller, thoroughly amused by me). So, I was left alone with my garden to shovel, till, rake, yank and plant for four hours in the blistering 80 degree heat (hehe) - OK, it's the hottest it's been in like 9 months! It was really fulfilling and I feel a great sense of accomplishment.
I wish I had taken a before picture of it. It has two nasty logs on the side that I hated with these awful, thorny things taking up residence by the fence (Steve was kind enough to rip them out this morning) and lots of rye grass and weeds. This is the best before picture I can provide for you: BEFORE. Yeah, take away the snow, and that's what it looked like.

I'm just happy that my garden is finally in!!

No comments: