Watch us Grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Rebelling Sunbeam

(for those of you who don't know what a 'Sunbeam' is in this context, it's the 3 year olds' sunday school class at church)

Joseph has decided that he HATES Primary now. He wasn't like this when he first transitioned from Nursery over, it's just been since we moved into our new ward (almost 6 weeks ago). He will not step foot in the Primary room without me and I'm not allowed to leave. It's getting frustrating because I know he has done better than this in the past and I just don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

The only cute part about it all was yesterday, anytime they would do anything fun in class I would ask him if he wanted to participate, to which he would answer, "NO. I crying." Kind of made me giggle (because he wasn't crying.. he was sulking). :)

3 comments:

Paige said...

my son did not want to go to sunbeams by himself either so we would go with him but ignore him the entire time. by the end of it he didn't want us there because he was so frustrated that we would talk to everyone but him. he asked us to come for 2 weeks and then that was the end of it, he wanted to be with the "nice people who talk to him." or maybe you could ask the teachers if he could bring snacks to share with his class but only let him bring the snacks if he is all by himself??

Sandra said...

Um, I have no advice, I went to sunbeams for 6 months with Sam...ahh, the good ole days.

Julie said...

If anything, it makes me feel better that this is somewhat 'normal.' :)