Watch us Grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Garden

I have a new little pet project.. well it's little now, but when the weather gets warmer and the plants get bigger, it's going to be quite an undertaking. I've started a garden and it really has been so fulfilling! It's currently an indoor seedling project, given the fact that temperatures continue to dip down to the teens and twenties on a daily basis here. I thought spring had come and the plants enjoyed their daily sun time outside for a week or two until winter came back. It's like a cruel joke.. "Ahh.. Spring is here. JUST KIDDING! Here's some more snow for you, Texas girl!"

So, here's what I have right now. I'm growing sunflowers for one side of the house, we'll have a pumpkin path on the other, sweet peas in the front, and the vegetable garden in the back which will have a salad bar (lettuce, spinach, arugula), sugar snap peas, green beans, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and these really cool bell peppers that grow in a rainbow of colors. It's going to be so fun! :) I'm just excited to see something alive!


This is a sunflower up close. I love how they shed their shells. :)


My little baby garden.

2 comments:

. . . . . . . . . said...

It was so great to talk to you today. I love your little garden. It's a really good idea. I miss messing with plants. I think you've inspired me!

Sally said...

Impressive!!