Watch us Grow!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Revenge of the Nerf Guns


So, my office consists of me and 5 guys, and then the owner of the firm, who is a woman, but she's very often away with clients. The guys I work with are very good at their jobs and for the most part professional, but all of them seem to have a 13-year-old alter-ego, that comes out every couple of hours - and once one of them shifts over, our office turns into a breeding ground for adolescent joviality. Steve was right. Boys of all ages run in packs.
Anyway, one day one of them had a spark of 'genius' and decided to buy a nerf gun for the office.. followed by three other nerf guns. I've learned to expect a daily nerf gun battle and have actually come accustomed to the random nerf bullet landing in my lap or grazing my hair. Well, a game erupted this morning. One of my coworkers, decided to take a shot at me, planning to graze my head, once again. I, being the stubborn person I am, decided to show him that I have no fear of his little nerf gun and, for once, didn't flinch. Well, his aim was a little off and I got smacked right on the forehead. What could I do but laugh - and turn really red. Then came my moment of glory - one of the other guys handed me his gun. Now, they've been telling me for weeks that I need to go out and buy myself a nerf gun, but I've gracefully declined several times, finally stating that I felt my best protection would be to not be on the offensive front of the attacks. But, I have to say, having that gun in my hand, and hitting the guy who hit me smack in the head was VERY liberating. I was also surprised to see that I have a pretty decent aim. I think I've officially opened myself up to more shots taken in my direction, but it was worth it. :)
I think I know what I want for Christmas now - a nerf gun. After all, the best defense is a good offense. :)

No comments: